Twin towns or sister cities are…
…a form of legal and social agreement between towns, cities, counties, oblasts, prefectures, provinces, regions, states, and even countries in geographically and politically distinct areas to promote cultural and commercial ties.
The modern concept of town twinning, conceived after the Second World War in 1947, was intended to foster friendship and understanding between different cultures and between former foes as an act of peace and reconciliation, and to encourage trade and tourism. In recent times, town twinning has increasingly been used to form strategic international business links between member cities. (read more…)
Activities of RCT Twinning Association
Town Twinning is all about forming friendships, which can be achieved in many ways.
- Contacts through Facebook and other social media sites.
- Visiting twin towns , either as a member of a group or organisation, or as an individual.
- Conducting business between small and large enterprise
- Volunteering in communities
The principal reason for a Twinning Association, is to help to foster new and maintain existing friendships established through exchanges, visits, events and promotional activities.
RCT Twinning Association encourages individuals and groups in Rhondda Cynon Taff to visit our twin towns
- Montelimar in France,
- Nürtingen, Ravensburg and Wolfenbüttel in Germany.